Menu
fizz
Up to speed
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo - The saga continues

I have been going on about the Tivo and the ineffective 'fixes' that are being bounced around.

I have noticed a very sharp degradation in my Tivo recently and none of the fixes appear to be working along with a new problem -

1. Menu response is upwards of 1 minute plus - which the fixes only slightly improve.

2. I regularly get UI 'crashes' where the box hangs, screen goes black and then a bong and the UI reboots - New issue happening for about 2 weeks.

3. Netflix is now unusable, can wait 10 minutes for it to load and then is unplayable and navigation is a joke.

4. I am getting quite bad voice sync issues on HD channels (especially sky sports), normal channels appear ok.

Can someone at virgin please take a look at my box please..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo - The saga continues

HI fizz

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

We're aware of an issue that some of our customers are experiencing with slowness to their TiVo service and we're working hard on getting this resolved. We'll be posting updates as we get them [in this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chortleman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

See the sticky thread "update to our TiVo boxes" at the top of this forum.  I've had this update and it seems (so far) to have fixed the slow menu response issue and TiVo hanging.  Netflix still takes about one minute to start playing a video though.  In a nutshell; it's still not great, but much much better since the update.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Chortleman wrote:

See the sticky thread "update to our TiVo boxes" at the top of this forum.  I've had this update and it seems (so far) to have fixed the slow menu response issue and TiVo hanging.  Netflix still takes about one minute to start playing a video though.  In a nutshell; it's still not great, but much much better since the update.

Did the update involve a reboot? 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Chortleman
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I leave the TiVo in standby mode overnight, it was just there on Friday morning. No action from me required.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Chortleman wrote:

I leave the TiVo in standby mode overnight, it was just there on Friday morning. No action from me required.

I am curious about a reboot after the upgrade as this by itself might improve performance, temporarily, regardless of the effectiveness or not of this recent upgrade.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Chortleman
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Before the update I was needing to reboot the box once a day to keep the responsiveness of the TiVo acceptable. Haven't needed to reboot once since the update as I'm quite happy with the speed now.  Don't know if rebooting will make it even faster though.

0 Kudos
davehutch
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How do I know if I've received the update? Is there a new firmware version I should be looking out for?

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

On your remote press Home> help&settings> System info > System info >

And software version should say RC24  , from notes on forum  RC23 is the old version  & RC24 is the new code.

Chortleman
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New software versions are:

Cisco box it's: 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00.

Samsung box it's 20.5.7.RC24-VMS-2-C8A

0 Kudos