Menu
clubsceneuk2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo System

Well its Jan 06 2017 and according to the original message the role out of the fix for TIVOs slow response should be complete by now however this does not seem to be the case for me. My Tivo is still slow. Not sure what the life span on these things is but we have had ours for a few years now so it could be on its way out.

Issues include Clicking the guide button and having to wait

Clicking the watch recorded buttons and having to wait

Crashing and freezing for no reason.

Anything I can do locally to resolve these issues?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo System

There's 'slow', and then there's 'dog-slow'. The fix that was rolled out was for the 'dog-slow' problem that some of us were experiencing with the last update. It doesn't magically turn the TiVo into a lightning quick brand-new box - for that you will have to upgrade to the new V6 box.

0 Kudos

All Replies
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There's 'slow', and then there's 'dog-slow'. The fix that was rolled out was for the 'dog-slow' problem that some of us were experiencing with the last update. It doesn't magically turn the TiVo into a lightning quick brand-new box - for that you will have to upgrade to the new V6 box.

0 Kudos
clubsceneuk2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrianm758

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was having issues but mine is just slow. Sounds like I should live with what I have and hope it dosent get any worse.

0 Kudos
Smithydonna
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you pay your money you should have the same service as every one

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi clubsceneuk2

I'm sorry to learn about the slowness with your TiVo service, I'd like to take a look and run some tests on the set top box but I've not been able to accurately locate your account unfortunately.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos