Menu
Sammy_C
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo - Cancellation rights

Hi everyone,

I switched from another well known provider to Virgin in October, as soon as we made the switch we noticed that Tivo was terrible performance wise, its slow, clunky and at times unbearable to use.  It has taken me quite some time to get round to complaining about this however I was informed this in live chat just today:

"It's not just your TiVo box, the issue is with all the TiVo boxes and I assure you Sam our engineers are definitely working on it." and also this "It's an on going issue since long time, due to few unavoidable reasons it's taking longer time than expected for the engineers to resolve it."

So long story short, my Tivo has always performed terribly, its been confirmed as an issue since I've had it, nearly 6 months, is there anything I can do about this?  Ideally I'd like to cancel my contract early, given that its never been fit for purpose and that I'm that disillusioned with it, but I guess I'll take it being fixed (although, that is looking like an open ended thing).  Is everyone having the same issue?

vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo - Cancellation rights

You and many, many others. It all went wrong when they updated to include series + recording, pretty pictures in menus, added hayu and changed the music service (none of which I use). May not have been been the cause but the impression is that VM have overloaded the box with more features than it can cope with, hence the more powerful V6 hardware can run essentially the same software without problems.

I would much prefer a downgrade to what worked.

campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The more I read here the more I realise there are problems all over the place and its not just me.

I just want to go back to having a V+ box as the quality on this is so much better.

This really should be an item for BBC Watchdog I think.

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ive allready emailed them i would like to suggest you do the same,the more the merrier

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammy_C

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service lately. 

I've been able to locate your account just to run some tests on your set top box from our end, we're not detecting any errors although I can see the set top box has been turned on for quite some time. 

If you're able to reboot the box to have another go, if the box is still performing as slow as it has been then I'll take another look for you. We should find the test results more accurate after a rebootMan Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another set answer from the VM book of standard replies.

Contains virtually nothing that will actually help.

fizz
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Standard answer. I have to reboot mine every day and even then within an hour or two apps are unusable and the TiVslow gui crashes..
0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In my experience, a good clear out and reboot will typically give a temporary improvement (ie poor instead of useless) but will not provide a long term solution to slow operation. If you are prepared to do this every few days you can keep the box limping on. My old V+ box on the other hand has run for months without reboots.
0 Kudos