Menu
pcbuddyuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo Box

Hi,

My Tivo box which is only a few months old is so slow its really driving me mad, checking the tv guide is painful, if i want to load iplayer i might as well come back to it ten mins later, I really need this sorted as its getting unusable.

Thanks Simon

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo Box

Possibly a signal issue, but you're not going to find out in short order unless you ring in and ask.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
ger1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yea me too. Just new to virgin and not impressed with this box. Counted seven seconds between pressing home and the list coming up. Would not mind but it cuts off your viewing so you miss the programme you are watching from this time.Y

pcbuddyuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

they basically know the box is slow and crap but are not doing anything about it, everyone i speak to and people online all have the same issue, its a shame everyone doesnt complain about it, the box is cheaply made and a pile of rubbish, its not upto the job.
0 Kudos
pcbuddyuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I dont really need to call them, this is my second tivo box, and my second location of having it installed, 100% the same in both places and boxes. the box is just rubbish

0 Kudos
ph001
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's a hardware / firmware issue. I think the root cause is memory overflow problems caused by the much more bloated firmware of late. When the memory overflows it caches everything to the hard drive and this is what makes the box so slow and unresponsive.

I suspect the enthusiasm to sort the issue within VM is even less than it was before now the new V6 box is out. Let's face it...they want to shift as many of them as possible and the poor Tivo box is a great way to push sales....unless people get so p*ssed off with them they move over to SkyQ, which lets face it wouldn't be too surprising.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cisco or Samsung box?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos