Menu
sisisisisi
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo Box - November Update..?

How can I check to see if the November Tivo box update has been applied to my box? My system is still painfully slow at times and really starting to annoy me. Seriously considering going back to Sky as I cant stand the un-responsive Tivo box. Help me VM....!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo Box - November Update..?

Under Home -> Settings -> System Info, it should say RC24 somewhere in the software version.

If it has had the update and is still sluggish, give them a ring.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest, what kind of box do you have, Samsung or Cisco?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
sisisisisi
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has the RC24 referred to in the system info screen. Not sure which box it is....how do I find out? Ironically since posting my message it seems quicker! Lol
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sisisisisi wrote:
Has the RC24 referred to in the system info screen. Not sure which box it is....how do I find out? Ironically since posting my message it seems quicker! Lol

My Samsung box has the full Software Version as  20.5.7.RC24-VMS-2-C8A.

The Cisco version is slightly different.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
sisisisisi
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mine is the same so assume it's a Samsung then! Thanks
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sisisisisi wrote:
Mine is the same so assume it's a Samsung then! Thanks

I received my first Tivo from VM in April 2011, a Cisco. I received the second, also a Cisco, as a box swap for a V+ last December. The boxes were not lightning fast but were acceptable.

Both boxes were replaced (a long story for another time) in October but I received one of each. The main box in the living room is a Samsung and is painfully slow. I did not tend to use the other box, a Cisco, much myself but to see if there was a difference, I have been using it more recently and it is much more responsive than the Samsung. Performance wise it is more like my previous boxes.

Since I posted earlier I have been setting up the same planned recordings on both boxes and, while the Cisco was a doddle, the Samsung was, as usual, a pain in the arse. 

I have posted to try and find out if this was a constant and, so far, it would appear that the Samsung boxes are definitely slower than the Ciscos. It  would be interesting to get some feedback from the Forum team but, as usual, they are not interested.

Incidentally, the same version code on my Cisco is 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos