Menu
Juventino
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo

We have never used the thumbs up or down and our TiVo box is frankly unacceptably slow all the time, regardless of what is being done. It really is unacceptable that we are using outdated hardware incapable of running the current software. I hear that a new box is coming this year, I also hear VM is thinking of charging an upgrade fee to have it. If you want a riot on your hands then go ahead and try charging for it. The current box is not fit for purpose. I can load Netflix on an iPad and in seconds be watching a film, we use a Chromecast in the kitchen with an Android tablet and we are streaming Netflix within seconds it takes over 5 minutes just to get Netflix up and running on the TiVo and then often errors out.  BBC iPlayer is just as bad.Trying to move from channel to channel is painful with the guide so far behind the button presses on the remote you end up giving up. My wife wants to sign up for the Sky Q service as we can get the top package for what we are paying for our VM package and it's currently difficult to find fault with her argument.  The new TiVo service and new box needs to be pushed out to customers as soon as it is available, as I previously said the current boxes are not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo

Hi Juventino

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately. We are aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with their TiVo service being slow.

You can keep up to date with that issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Juventino
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The thread just talks about resetting the thumbs up and down settings, we have never used these. This is all inconsequential advice. The boxes are outdated. No one I know has anything other than a slow TiVo service. I am surprised VM don't just admit it, it reflects badly on the honesty of VM.

fireinthehole
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree, it is so slow...I am moving to BT. My friend has BT TV and it is like lightening compared to the sluggish, infuriating tivo box! 

0 Kudos
Juventino
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't blame you for looking elsewhere, I am just surprised at the poor response by VM. They know this issue exists for all TiVo customers so they should issue a statement informing their customers of what they are doing about it. This silent stance VM is taking is a big mistake. I am not sure if they are taking a leaf out of Apples book but if so then it is a poor decision. It comes across as arrogant and not in the interests of the customer.