Menu
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo

When I first signed up to a Virgin Media full package a few years ago my TiVo was fast and reliable, but for a while now it as slowed down ridiculously.  I have been in touch with Virgin by phone a few times and they wiped the TiVo clean and started again, but it still is running ridiculously slow.  When I click onto “My Shows” it takes about 10 seconds before it appears, and when I click on the TV programme it takes 20-25 seconds then the screen goes black for 5 seconds before the programme starts.  Even when jumping from one thing to another it takes about ten seconds to show.  Some times when I click onto something the TiVo seems to freeze and the only way to unfreeze it is to switch it off and back on again.  Do I need a NEW TiVo machine or do I need a technician to have a look at?   This problem is really annoying.

Helpful Answers
fergiet
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow TiVo

See "sticky" at top of this forum thread. Virgin know it's an issue since last software update.

All Replies
fergiet
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

See "sticky" at top of this forum thread. Virgin know it's an issue since last software update.
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Fegiet, I will have a look at "sticky" once I find my way round this forum.  The next day after I placed my problem on this forum my TiVo seems to be running like new now.  I'm wondering if Virgin Media can check my Tivo remotely whilst its off, I know every time when I complained about it going ridiculously slow they told me to keep the TV and Tivo on whilst they checked it.  Anyway thank you for answering my comments.  

0 Kudos
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm new to all this.  You mention that I see "Sticky" at top of this thread.  What is "Sticky" I couldn't see anything, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.  I even tried typing the name into the search box but there were a lot of "Sticky's".  Is there any way to find a simple email address for Virgin Media to asked questions?  Surely they could have a simple email address and we just add "Tivo" or "TV" etc into the "Subject Box" and they past it on to that department.  I get fed up trying to find these things to make life easier, but it seems every company like BT etc make it hard to get in touch with them.  Anyway less of my moaning, I would appreciated any help.

0 Kudos
fergiet
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos