Menu
BexTech
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo.

Is there a problem with my TiVo, they have always been clunky, though did run quicker when lived in xNTL area, however recently it's been getting really sluggish. Whilst friends and families TiVos are clunker as that's TiVos for you, mine is now noticeably more sluggish.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bristoluser
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo.

Mine has got like treacle too. When I first had it I thought it was pretty quick.

Now it is BAD.

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

Over the past week it has really slowed down. Have rebooted and restarted but to no avail. Seems to be getting worse.
0 Kudos
Bristoluser
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's sold as all singing and dancing but it's pretty bad.

0 Kudos
bakerboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes mine was the same but I found that restarting  the Tivo box helped, it became noticeably more responsive.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your TiVo® has been running slowly for you.  I'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks from here with your box and all signal level and power levels are fine.  Can you please verify if it's when you're changing channels or navigating the menu, Using the Apps when the TiVo® is running slowly?  Or is it a combination of all the them?

Also, do you get the same response when you press the buttons on the front of the box itself?  This will just rule out a possible remote control issue.

If you can let me know, I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the 'slow' reply.

It's been a combination of them all, though most affected are the apps and scrolling through the catch-up / on-demand.

However since you took a look at signals, it amazingly has got quicker. Though it does have moments where it gets a little quicker.  Not that TiVo boxes have ever been fast boxes.

Sometimes you can be trying to scroll through a list of programmes either recorded or on catch-up and the box doesn't respond for several seconds and then all of a sudden carries out all the commands on the remote pressed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there BexTech, 

Thank you for popping a message back so soon Smiley Happy

I've been looking into the connection on the TV services and everything that I was able to test was working well with no issues. Are you experiencing anything on any other box in the home? 

Take care and glad that things are looking better now. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos