Menu
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo on all menus

Hi all! I've had my TiVo box a few months now and it's been painfully slow using all menus since we've had it.  Is there something I should of done/be doing to help it speed up?  Beginning to wish I had stayed with Sky :-( 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo on all menus

Fear not, someone come along with bottle of snake oil, before you can get your next recording to start Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I find that a quick re-boot can often help-.you know, pull its plug out, count to 20 & then back in do it can re-start. I'm wondering if the cables are flagging in the heat like I am. 

Kellyh2 wrote:

Hi all! I've had my TiVo box a few months now and it's been painfully slow using all menus since we've had it.  Is there something I should of done/be doing to help it speed up?  Beginning to wish I had stayed with Sky :-( 

Always learning!
0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have rebooted a couple of times during the time we've had it, and it hasn't helped 😞

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, it was just a thought.
Always learning!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kellyh2,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post and apologies to hear your TiVo® is running slow.

The first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference?

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up.

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

The 'thumbs up, down ' sequence seemed to help but only for about a day? The box has returned to 'hanging' as you move from each menu page or start a programme from 'my shows'

:-(

0 Kudos
daw123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
EightBall
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can also clear out thumbs up and thumbs down information as well as suggested recordings.

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box.

You've got a few options in there and they will all help, just depends how much you're willing to clear out.

I don't know how full your box is in terms of recordings, but I find that keeping it below 80% helps with any performance issues.

0 Kudos