Menu
Maxi-motek5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box

I read all posts about the slow TiVo box and couldn't find an answer or solution to this major problem. 

What can I really do to get it solved or do Inhave any right to end contract because of this issue ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box

Hello Maxi-motek5,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm not seeing any problems with the box but I can see that its been rebooted recently so please let me know whether you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maxi-motek5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Helo Rose

Box still slow. Very slow !!!

Thanks for trying to help

Max

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Max,

There are a couple of things you can do to improve the speed of the box, one of them is to clear thumb ratings and suggestions.

You can do this by going to - 

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset Tivo - Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions.

Another solution to speed things up is to press - 

Home - Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play.

This will clear the cache of the box and help with the performance.

Please let me know if this helps.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I also manually delete​ all old recordings from the recently deleted folder to keep maximum clear disk space. I have also turned off suggestions. I do all the above at least twice a week and occasionally turn the box off and back on.

Having done all that the box can still be painfully slow. I think the only long term solution is the V6 box, but I do not see why I should pay to fix VM's problem. The V6 does not offer any extra services, just a couple of extra tuners. The speed increase just makes the service work as it should.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me Max,

There are a couple of things you can do to improve the speed of the box, one of them is to clear thumb ratings and suggestions.

You can do this by going to - 

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset Tivo - Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions.

Another solution to speed things up is to press - 

Home - Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play.

This will clear the cache of the box and help with the performance.

Please let me know if this helps.

That is the same advice given out by the forum team before the last fix was released to sort the slowness problem. It did not work then so why should it work now?

And, if it is a solution, why was it not incorporated in to the last fix as it simply clears the cache. This could have been inserted in to the code as a regular job.

Maybe a little honesty is required rater than deliberately misleading customers.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Maxi-motek5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. 

I went through these steps several times during last year and it helped for a short period of time. 

I believe you guys already know that you have a major fault within the TiVo box. And you know the solution but you don't want to replace this faulty box with the new one. 

You ask to pay for it and I think it's unfair as the fault is VM's, not ours. 

0 Kudos
Maxi-motek5
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box is slowing down. Nothing helps to improve the issue. 
Why do you do NOTHINGN to improve it (new software ???...) or replace the box with a new reliable one?

This vast problem should be solved unless you tell me how I can disconnect myself from your poor service.

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with my two boxes. I think they will tell you just to deal with it and stop pressing buttons so quickly

I have now bought an Amazon Firestick and am trialling it as a replacement before my VM contract ends July. 

So far I can tell you that the Firestick is the size of a USB stick and opens Netflix in 10 seconds compared with 2 minutes on the TIVO

The channels change, and TVPlayer is an app that offers most of the channels with a modest guide. So....not sure yet and oh the fire stick costs 50% of the VM charges for one month! so 40 pounds and the fire stick is yours and you can watch things, catch up and even download some tv....at the moment the difference between 1000 pounds a year or 40 pounds one off charge for firestick....what you don't get is 1TB of storage that you don't need, and it turns out seems to cause the box to slow down.

VM need to offer a service that works, and my two Tivo boxes definitely do not

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maxi-motek5,

I just wanted to pop by and let you know I have been carrying out a few checks with your TiVo® remotely.  Whilst signal wise all is looking fine, there is some slight high demand issues on the network which can slow things down a bit.  

This is already being looked at by our network engineers and they will be working to make the necessary improvements.  This can take time to resolve.  

I'm afraid I don't have any further suggestions or tricks for you to try at this stage.  I realise this has been ongoing for a long while for yourself, we appreciate your patience whilst we work on this issue.  

As soon as we have any update on the network issue, we'll let you know. If you have any further queries in the meantime please give us a shout.

Cheers.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos