Menu
Timus41
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box

Had a TiVo box for around 3 years , was fine for the first 6 months but been exceedingly slow to do anything since then . Press menu button and I can count between 5-20 seconds before the box does anything . Done the reset as requested by help desk but still no difference , got told I need to rest big every 7 days and no more problems ( what a lie that was) .

Real disappointed with the equipment and considering we have to rent your boxes should we expect it to work so poorly?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box

HI Timus41

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box recently.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment though, do you notice the box slow down at certain times of the day or is it at all times ?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Timus41
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , it's is slow all the time , sometimes if we want to watch a recording we just get the spinning circle for 5-20 seconds , sometimes changing channels we just get a black screen for 3-10 seconds , menu button presses take 3-8 seconds to react . Engineer came out over a year ago and said he boosted the broadband speed so box will be better , we don't use your broadband service and it didn't change anything anyway .

Box has been reset last week due to power cut , the channel menu does not show the channel logos that I have seen on some new boxes so I will assume no update received .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timus

Can you try rebooting the set top box and then try the following on your Virgin remote: Home then Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now

After that, fingers crossed you'll notice an improvement.

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Timus41
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is slightly quicker than before but still a small lag between button presses . Still does only show the channel and numbers but no channel logos.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Timus, apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Keep an eye on things from your end and if you notice the service continue to deteriorate, let me know and I'll arrange for this to be escalated.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos