Menu
Ashmistys
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box

Hi. We moved from Sky to Virgin a few months ago as we were told that Virgin offers a better service compared to Sky with a much better value for money deal.

I must say that I agree with most of what I said above, however, the TiVo box is embarrassingly slow compared to the Sky HD Box. It is a bit like comparing a bicycle to a Lamborghini!

Please can anyone at Virgin Mexia shed any light as to whether I can upgrade to a better box?

I look forward to a reply. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box

Hi Ashmistys,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're TiVo® may be running slowly.  I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some initial checks with the TiVo® remotely to see if there are any underlying issues, so far signal and power level wise all looks great as does the network side of things.  

I'd like to know more about what's running slowly if that's ok?  Is it the menu navigation, changing channels, use of Apps or all?

Do you see a difference in speed if you use the buttons on the front of the box itself as opposed to using the remote control?  This will rule out if the remote may be the cause.

One last thing, do you find it's all the time or do you find the slow responses occur at certain times of the day?

If you can let me know, I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos