Menu
lincoln332
Tuning in
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box

Hi I am relatively new to virgin and I am finding that when u go into TV guide or any other menu the box loads up very slowly was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for me on how to resolve this as it's getting very frustrating

Helpful Answers
Tony1962
Tuning in
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow TiVo box

Having the very same problem, very slow.
0 Kudos
gazza71
Joining in
Message 36 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm a proud owner of a V6 Box and i can tell you it flies. Full screen jumps over channels are almost instant. V6 Box is brilliant. 

All Replies
Tony1962
Tuning in
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Having the very same problem, very slow.
0 Kudos
Buddy93
Joining in
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

We changed over to virgin from sky, I've never known anything so slow I joke to my hubby it's like an old woman when you want to change channels
lincoln332
Tuning in
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator

What is the solution I've tried restarting box but it makes no difference box is so unresponsive anyone got any ideas ? Apart from chance to sky ?
sharrattm
Superfast
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

There is no solution, until Virgin bring out a newer better spec TiVo, and / or fix the very very badly written and inefficient  software they've put on the current box..... They won't even acknowledge that there is even  a  problem with the tivo as it, ever so slowly, currerntly  is

sharrattm
Superfast
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo takes anything from a many seconds to minutes  to respond to menus, browsing lists, switching to or from live TV, modifying a series link etc. As for catchup on-demand and the apps I gave even trying with them a long time ago. My phone and smart TV apps respond virtually instantly they really put the TiVo to shame.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi lincoln332,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that when navigating the TiVo® is running slowly.  I would like to check for any possible underlying issues if you don't mind.  Currently I am unable to locate your account.

I will send you a private message requesting further details. (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Wiper2001
Tuning in
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Yep, the Tivo box is very slow, especially with loading apps. Sometimes i have to give up with Netflix and Youtube and just use it on the laptop. Simple menu movements to change chanel also very slow. Very disapointed with it all to be honest. Cant wait for contract to end to move back to Sky. Sky is a much faster menu system. Changing chanel on Sky is a doddle. Changing chanel on Tivo is about 4 slow key presses first thing in the morning. I am greeted with a shopping chanel. To move to BBC breakfast i have to press the button to get the main menu then press right button then press down to select BBC1 then press OK.

Wiper2001
Tuning in
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to support about the slow TIvo and there is nothing they can do.

Wiper2001
Tuning in
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I moved from Sky to Virgin after selliing it to my family. DR Who on the adverts for Tivo made it all look great. To this day I have had nothing but abuse from the family about how slow the Tivo is. They want me to dump it all and move back to Sky. I have been seriously let down by Richard Branson and David Tennant. The second non Tivo box in the bedroom is not an issue though. It just seems to be Tivo that is slow. I stay away from the menu system on the Tivo box and use the app on the ipad to control the Tivo. This gets around the slow menu system. But apps still load very slowly. I have to give up with them most of the time. Netflix takes forever to start. Youtube is unbearable and iPlayer, just terrible. Support cant do anything for me so just waiting for the contract to finish and its bye bye Virgin Media.