Menu
cluster76
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo Performance

Will the new update improve on the awfully slow performance of the TiVo box?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo Performance

Mm. Not sure if I'm honest. But it improved mine a bit by the following:-

if you have a viewing card in the back of the box take it out. It's not needed and can cause problems

then try home-thumbs up-thumbs down-play-play. You should hear a beep and the screen will go blank. Should be better when it comes back on. But is all relative. Never gonna be sky quick. 

0 Kudos
Leyland
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In my experience, no it won't. I've had the update for a little while and it feels that the TiVo is getting slower and slower. Posts I have seen suggest the new box will be too expensive just to upgrade for something that responds quickly and doesn't leave you staring at the TV wondering if you hit a button or not. Still, I live in hope. 

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)
0 Kudos
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box went slow so I did a reset and when it came back on it did a update. After reboot it felt a bit more responsive than normal. About a week in and we're back to normal, slow to respond like bringing up the EPG.

0 Kudos
Leyland
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday it was taking over a minute from pressing play on a recording in My Shows before it started to play. I did the reset thumb ratings and after the reboot everything is much more responsive. Recordings start playing about 15 seconds after hitting play. Hope it stays that way. 

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)
0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Had issues with my broadband recently, got an engineer out who installed a booster(goes into a plug socket) since then I've had issues with picture quality on my TIVO, freezing, poor quality on certain channels. Called up and was told there was no issue with signal, was being passed to engineering team or something, was going to call back however since the new update I've had none of those issues. Although the original issue with the broadband has occurred since, once, when the internet connection and blue light turns to yellow for around a minute. 

However the performance of the TIVO has been poor to say the least, it's extremely slow. So I did the thumbs down thing to clear whatever it does, it improved performance for around an hour and returned to very poor speeds. Completely wiped the box and again performance improved for a couple of hours, but it's back to being very slow. Pay far too much per month to suffer such poor slow TIVO box, this issue better get fixed as it seems many people are occurring the slow performance since the upgrade.

To answer the question, the update has ruined a fast TIVO performance I experienced.

0 Kudos
cluster76
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh my the performance sucks since the update, who thought it could get any slower! 😔
0 Kudos