Menu
Corper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow TIVO and false V6 info given

I know this has been discussed many times on here but just wanted to share what I have encountered. 

So like others my box now runs cripplingly slow since the last update to the point I have deleted and disabled suggestions which helped for a bit but now is slow again. Had a 2nd box installed in another room which ha son recordings on and that is also just as slow. 

I spoke to the retentions team a few weeks ago and the guy told me straight out the new boxes would be out in a couple of weeks. I questioned this as others I have spoken to have said they have not been told when the boxes would be out, he again assured me it would be 2 weeks. I asked about cost and he told me that it would just be an activation fee.

Today I spoke to them again and the guy was a bit more upfront and said they had no idea when the boxes would be out or what the charges would be. 

I have made it clear that if Virgin try and charge me for new boxes after making the current boxes a lot slower than than they were I will be cancelling my account. Maybe it's me being sceptical but just seems strange that all of a sudden current boxes slow down before the new faster boxes are released.

So VM maybe it's time to set the record straight on what the plan is to fix the current boxes and what the situation will be with the new boxes. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TIVO and false V6 info given

Corper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TIVO and false V6 info given

Well it hasn't happened yet, still as low as it was a month ago.

0 Kudos