Menu
Thunderbolt71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Samsung Virgin TIVO Box

Hi there.
For the past several months, our Samsung Virgin TIVO box has become very slow. Propagating the menu takes approx 30/60 seconds most times. The menu box across the top of the EPG stays blank with no Virgin TV info being displayed - when it does propagate - the 4 boxes stay empty. The box has used up 27% of its recording space so it is relatively empty yet over the pastor fortnight the 'Working' circle appears when we are accessing the manu and stays turning for approx 20 seconds. We are on the biggest Virgin package available with an extra x2 Virgin boxes in the 2 bedrooms - these V-Boxes seem to be working ok.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
einstein42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Samsung Virgin TIVO Box

We've had the same issue for months now.  I have called to get it looked at and I am always told to restart the box and all will be well.  Well, it isn't. The circle on the screen goes round & round, round & round...etc...  It chugs along like an ancient technological thing. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ill flag this for staff to get a look at but its unlikely to be signal levels if the V+ boxes are working okay. Still a possibility though.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Thunderbolt71,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have checked the TiVo® box and there are some signal problems there so I'm just going to send you a private message as I would like to arrange a technician to take a look at this for you

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds as if you may have signal issues.

Give them a ring to get them assessed.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
einstein42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We've had the same issue for months now.  I have called to get it looked at and I am always told to restart the box and all will be well.  Well, it isn't. The circle on the screen goes round & round, round & round...etc...  It chugs along like an ancient technological thing. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ill flag this for staff to get a look at but its unlikely to be signal levels if the V+ boxes are working okay. Still a possibility though.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Thunderbolt71,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have checked the TiVo® box and there are some signal problems there so I'm just going to send you a private message as I would like to arrange a technician to take a look at this for you

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello einstein42,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I would certainly like to look into this for you but I'm unable to locate your account so i'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team