Menu
Osiris510
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Iplayer

Is it just me that finds BBC iPlayer painfully slow to load on the TiVo service.
Sometimes I get so frustrated waiting that I just cancel it and watch something else. I would like to know if anyone else suffers the same
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Iplayer

Hi Osiris510,

Thank you for taking time out to speak to the Community for the first time, welcome in Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the BBC iPlayer hasn't been your best experience on our services, I would like to help and ask if this is happening when trying to view certain shows or in general? 

I've been able to run some diagnostics on the TiVo and she's looking really healthy with no signs of a fault and signal levels working as they should be.

Get back to me when you can Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Osiris510
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben thanks for your quick response. I find that whenever trying to view anything on IPlayer it consists of very slow loading, black screens and the buffering circle. This does not happen with IPlayer on my other virgin media box. I enjoy the BBC programmes and find this very frustrating
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Osiris510,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you get the same kind of slow response when using other Apps like YouTube or Netflix?  If you don't normally use these apps would you mind giving one of them a try and let me know how you get on?

I have had a good look at the TiVo® remotely and the network, so far there's no detectable signal or power level issues or anything on the network side.  

It would be great to know if you have similar symptoms affecting other apps as well.  Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos