Menu
Acehighcooper
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Box

My TiVo box is just so slow, is this normal?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Box

Hello Acehighcooper,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Can I just confirm whether it's slow navigating through menus or channels and have you tried to reboot the box by the mains to see if there's any improvement?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Acehighcooper
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. The box is incredibly slow navigating and takes some 5-10 seconds after a show/channel is selected for it to show. I've tried turning off and on again, even deleted all of our saved programs but it's still super slow!

0 Kudos
dazzawm
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am also finding this a problem
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Acehighcooper,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

What I would like to do is to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at this so I'm just going to pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello dazzawm,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I would just like to get a bit more information about this so can I just confirm whether it's happening on certain channels and if there's any difference after a mains reboot?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dazzawm
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is everything I do. I have 2 boxes in different rooms and they're both the same. I select a different channel and its 5 secs until it shows the next channel. Any option I choose on the My Shows button also takes ages. When I had Sky everything I selected was instant. This box just doesn't seem powerful enough for everything it needs to do. Most disappointing and wished I never left Sky.

0 Kudos