Menu
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SkyMovies On Demand

Are we ever going to get back SKYMOVIES ON DEMAND films in HD again? Out of the many films available they are mainly shown in SD, when they all used to in in HD format a few months ago. The same can also be said about many others programmes or box sets shown on the on demand service.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SkyMovies On Demand

I really was hoping that when the V6 was launched this would be fixed but seemingly not.
We are getting to that period of time where I have 2 weeks off work, no need to wake early so can watch films at my own leisure and I do not want to be watching them in SD.

I even had a clash with recording Supergirl this week so I went to watch it on demand while I remembered and no HD version at all and the SD version got error 319.
I will try again this weekend before the next episode but the service right now is the worst I have experienced in my 8.5 years with Virgin
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hear! Hear! I fully agree. I was speaking to the Manager of the Virgin Store, Basildon yesterday, who unfortunately made the mistake of asking if they could help in improving their service. According to him he was unaware is any problems with the on demand service or the the slow working TiVo box and suggested I contact customer services. I just laughed and walked away.

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, this is appalling and really bugs me. As a relatively new joiner from Sky, I was used to doing most of my movie watching through On Demand. I've got a nice big telly and a surround sound system, so expect them to be in HD. It definitely isn't what I signed up for, and if it's not fixed I'll defintely be heading back to Sky when my contract is up - in the meantime I will be asking for money back (I've heard others have been given a discount on Sky Movies when complaining about this issue). What's the point of bringing out a box that does 4K and handles streaming really well when you have hardly any HD content??

And even when it is in HD you normally get the error 319 issue anyway! I signed up to get service updates about that issue - I've had 3 emails about it today, saying the engineer is onsite and giving an estimated completion date. The 3 emails each had a different date, and two of them were in the past! lol  This is absolutely typically of what I've experienced from Virgin so far - they literally don't know what day it is.

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was advised by email that the problem relating to error 319 was being resolved by engineers and would be working by end of today. Lo and behold today this has been updated to 9 Dec. Next week I will be advised that this date has changed again. This has been going on for months and will never be resolved.
0 Kudos