Menu
nosurprises
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies HD on demand error 407

Hi there.

For the last number of weeks I have been getting a service temporarily unavailable message with a 407 error code when I try to play HD sky movies on demand. SD movies work as expected. Any idea what this error code means and how to resolve this problem
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies HD on demand error 407

Congratulations at finding 1 of the few HD films available on demand.
Just unfortunate for you it then doesn't work at all.
It's a complete joke now with Sky Cinema HD on demand.
I even reported a missing/failed The Last Leg from a week ago and still no reply so it will be too late to see anyway.

Good luck getting any sort of response to your issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nosurprises,

Thanks for your post on this and let me explain what's happened here.

We've made a change to our platform whilst we make some upgrades to our systems and this means reducing the number of Sky Movies HD On Demand content. 

It's important to note that this is a temporary change and once our upgrades are complete, things will return to normal. 

The good thing is that you can continue to watch Sky Movies in HD via your TiVo® and you can still set those all important movies to record in HD. The latest Sky Movies titles and blockbusters will still be available to view On Demand in HD for 30 days. After which only the SD version will be available. 

We're not making any changes to the number of Sky Movies titles in SD and the total will remain at 1000 Smiley Happy 

I hope that explains what’s happened here and of course if you have any further questions on this please just let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nosurprises
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote: 

It's important to note that this is a temporary change and once our upgrades are complete, things will return to normal. 

The good thing is that you can continue to watch Sky Movies in HD via your TiVo® and you can still set those all important movies to record in HD. The latest Sky Movies titles and blockbusters will still be available to view On Demand in HD for 30 days. After which only the SD version will be available. 

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little confused by your above two statements.

You state this is a temporary change and things will return to normal once some 'upgrades' are complete, but then go on to say that sky moves are available to view On Demand in HD for 30 days.

Are you saying that the 30 day restriction for watching Sky Movies on demand is a temporary limitation or by design?

Currently my user experience is poor. I've been watching Star Wars with my kids, I search on demand movies for star wars and select return of the jedi for example and am presented with an option for HD and SD, both of which are said to be included in my subscription. However every time I select HD I get this 407 error and have to resort to SD. Can you tell me in this instance is this error temporary (it still continues to happen by the way, 3 weeks later) or are you saying that this move isn't actually available in On Demand HD despite it being shown as available on my TIVO box?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello nosurprises,

Kath_F is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in.

Yes as Kath has advised the restriction on HD content through sky On Demand is due to the upgrades on the platform and once this has been completed the content will go back to normal with SD and HD content available to watch. The 30 day restriction is temporary for now but I would recommend recording the films that you want to watch from the Sky Channels until the upgrades have been completed to ensure you're able to watch them in HD.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nosurprises
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rose,

Thanks for clarifying.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos