Menu
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports red button

Is there a reason why VM often don't have live games available on the red button service? Tonight I wanted to watch the Dutch league match involving PSV and I can't. Annoying paying lots for Sky Sports and not getting access to the whole sporting programme. Happens with tennis as well I've noticed.

Will this change in the future?

0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports red button

Nobody able to give a reason for this or if it's going to be on going in the future?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When/where was it advertised?

Some Dutch football is on Sky Sports Xtra  -  which isn't even on the Red Button on Sky

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports website, in play on Skybet even said SS5 Red button.

Numerous other websites and betting sites said the same, such as this article.

http://betting.boylesports.com/daily-news/betting-preview-tuesday-11th-august-2015

FOOTBALLThere are three matches live on TV on Tuesday – they areSmiley Very Happyutch Eredivisie – ADO Den Haag v PSV Eindhoven (5:30pm kick-off, live on Sky Sports Red Button) UEFA Super Cup – Barcelona v Sevilla (7:45pm kick-off, live on BT Sport Europe & RTE 2) Scottish Premiership – Dundee United v Dundee (7:45pm kick-off, live on Sky Sports 1)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Sky RB is controlled by Sky - I know some stuff seems not to be shown - but the list on screen is usually right.

No idea why Sky can't do all the stuff.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi colin_c, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in responding. 

It can take us up to 7 days to reply and sometimes even longer during busier periods. 

OK, With Sky Sports Red Button content, we have an agreement with Sky. Anything that we're able to offer, a red button will show on the screen.

If the Red button is not showing, then this means we don't have the rights to show the content. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

If you have any other queries or questions, let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem Kath, thanks for the reply.

Assumed that was the reason,  is there any plans for this to change in the future?

It's very frustrating that VM customers are charged £29.25 for the Sky Sports package,  whilst it's £25.50 for Sky customers and we the VM customers don't get access to the full SS package in regards to red button content. Doesn't seem fair to me, even if VM have to pay lots to aquire thise channels and red button from Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi colin_c,

At present there's no news to say this will change but that doesn't mean it may not happen in the future.

I can imagine your frustration at this and we do take on board your feedback as we're always looking to improve the way we do things.

If this does happen, we'll let you know. Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Rusty55
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You Do realise thatSky will makes most things difficult for VM, so they can try to entice subscribers over to the "Dark Side" They got me a few years back, but I managed to escape and return to VM about 6weeks back. 

Some me things are better over here, but a few things that made me decide to go to Sky for still remain.

0 Kudos