Menu
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports HD

In September 2016 I had a new Tivo box installed while I also changed my TV package from XL to Full House which meant I could finally get my Sky Sports channels in HD . Then not long after that my son wanted a Tivo box for his room so he could watch Sky Sports in HD as well so we got one installed .

Now today I find that I no longer get Sky Sports in HD which is not really fair to be quite honest as Sky Sports is the channel we tend to watch the most especially for the football.

Is this a Virgin Media ploy to get more money from us ? I was already informed last year that my Sky Sports package was going up in February 2017 so why the disappearing HD channels .

C'mon Virgin Media , please play fair .

David McDonald ,

A customer since 2000

0 Kudos
SteveCac
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports HD

Hasn't Sky Sports HD always been an extra to your package? Not sure how you managed to get HD with full house package, maybe a trial?

0 Kudos
Jrpeters01
Just joined
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just had the same thing. I rang the helpline and was informed lots of customers had the HD included in error. Virgin have discovered it a couple of days ago and switched everyone off. But didn't tell anyone. Which isn't great customer service.
0 Kudos
Jrpeters01
Just joined
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just had the same thing. I rang the helpline and was informed lots of customers had the HD included in error. Virgin have discovered it a couple of days ago and switched everyone off. But didn't tell anyone. Which isn't great customer service in my opinion
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Without wanting to sound rude, surely it's the other way around. You had a bonus for so long which you shouldn't have had, and it's now gone.

Those customers who pay the HD charge (myself included) would probably be a bit annoyed at people having it for free - fair enough if it's not known about (although wondering how such things get missed), but once the unintentional freebie is discovered, there aren't really any grounds for complaint.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

japitts wrote:

Without wanting to sound rude, surely it's the other way around. You had a bonus for so long which you shouldn't have had, and it's now gone.

Those customers who pay the HD charge (myself included) would probably be a bit annoyed at people having it for free - fair enough if it's not known about (although wondering how such things get missed), but once the unintentional freebie is discovered, there aren't really any grounds for complaint.

Absolutely, it is almost funny seeing people complaining because they got a freebie. On a similar thread one was suggesting that they now get compensation because the freebie has finished.

I currently have the six weeks freebie for Sky Sports. Should I throw a tantrum on here when it finishes?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When I changed my package in September last year I was assured by the person I was speaking to that my Sky Sports package would now be upgraded to HD . I did not get any message by letter or email to the contrary so I thought that everything would be okay and I already had been informed that my Sky Sports package would be increased by £3.50 a month in February 2017 so I did not give it any more thought .I just find it strange to say the least .

0 Kudos
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I find it strange that it took them this long to correct their error and not even a note to say something was wrong .

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to point out that Virgin have sent emails out to let people know as you can see in this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/We-ve-accidentally-given-you-free-Sky-Sports-HD/td-p/3...

So you should have also got an email if you were affected.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos