Menu
Shozer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Movies offer

I've had VM calling asking if I want to add "Movies" to my XL TV package - but the line was terrible, and they were calling from India so I was struggling to understand what they were offering. Has anyone else had such a call and if so is it Sky Movies and what was the price offered ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Movies offer

Hi Shozer

Thanks for popping by to check out the marketing offer you have had on the phone recently Smiley Happy

Just to assuage any concerns you may have had, this was a genuine marketing call to you from our teams. My apologies but the offers they call about are usually flash sale offers that are offered to a specific group of customers, and not stored on the system for us to advise about.

What we can do is ask that the team try and contact you again if you'd like to see if the deal they were phoning about is still available?

Just let us know and if so we'll pass your contact information back to them and ask that they try again Smiley Happy

Take care and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Shozer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks - please feel free to pass them my details so that they can call again if they still have any offers on Movies.

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, they called me last week about this offer.

It's SKY movies for £10 a month. A decent offer maybe but the issue I have is with the misleading tactics the salespeople use.

I was called and the conversation started with "Dave" from India, promising he was offering me a reduction in my current package costs, as a loyalty bonus from VM. This was a lie.

Of course I understand that sales calls have a place and that's fine. I can just say no. What is not acceptable is blatantly lying to customers to keep them on the line. The call was clearly about the SKY movies £10 offer and the salesman became frustrated that I was not interested on the £10 offer, despite me telling him I didn't want films and I stream from Amazon Instant when I want to watch a new film. After about 10 minutes, I had to apologise and hang up, as he just wasn't taking no for an answer.

This is the second time in 3 months that I've been lied to by VM salespeople.

After 2 years with VM, I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with their offering of slow Tivo box (yes I know it's going to be upgraded but that could be months away and the last one didn't exactly speed it up did it?!) and appalling India based lying customer service/sales.

I'm very close to cancelling VM. I was with SKY for 10 years+ and said I'd never give Mr Murdoch any more of my money. I meant it but I never had this issue with them and their TV offering is currently superior.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shozer

I've fed that back to the teams for you and asked, if this offer is still available, that they get in touch with you again about this.

@Wolfie11. Thanks for popping by with your feedback on the sales experience you had with us Smiley Sad  I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the way this was handled, and that too is being fed-back for you.

We can provide an option for you to opt out of marketing if you prefer? That would be processed and take up to 6 weeks for all forms of marketing (including sales calls from us) to stop. Please let us know if you'd like us to arrange this for you as we don't want you to leave us or be unhappy as a customer, and would like the opportunity to support you if we can.

Take care, and keep me posted.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos