Menu
dockers66
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Signed up but NOT the same as Sky

I moved over to Virgin as your salesman said I would get exactly the same like for like service that i had from sky and the price for 12 months was reasonable ..... think he needs to get his facts right.

TiVo box if it went any slower it would ground to a halt...how can a box  be so slow just changing channels or going from My Shows back to TV...it's taking sometimes up to 20 seconds before the picture reappears.

TV Anywhere what a joke you can only use it in the house and if connected to the box....what is the point of calling it TV Anywhere should be TV in same house....Again not like sky and nothing like sky go. 

Again salesman said I would get everything I had now only to find I didn't get sky sports in HD because he didn't tick a box...is that my fault.?? especially  when I said I have all the HD channels that means ALL... so i rang up and get told oh you need to pay extra for sky sports HD how is that like for like ????  and surprise surprise couldn't get hold of the salesman again I wonder why.

Nor did I get told that my first bill would be for two months !!

Then only being with virgin for two months you tell me the price is going up in Nov ! 

The only thing that is good is the broadband. 

Roll on 12 months so I can go back to sky. 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signed up but NOT the same as Sky

You don't need to be at home to use TV Anywhere, it needs a wi-fi connection if you want to stream TV and the rest of the features work with just a mobile data connection.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signed up but NOT the same as Sky

Like for like service in this case means a TV service that offers HD, WiFi access to channels & On Demand content. Comparing like for like with channel content just doesn't happen as all TV platforms have a different offering. You will find several Sky exclusive channels missing (Sky Atlantic, ITV Encore) plus numerous Free-to-Air channels that make use of the "open" platform that Sky uses (many of the free channels are actually nothing to do with Sky, although Sky will tell you otherwise).

There are also many customers who take Broadband from VM & TV from Sky, so this may be an option

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos