Menu
Quailpower
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sick of Netflix App Crashing!

Every day, after 9pm at some point, my TiVo box crashes while using the Netflix app. The program I am watching stops, displays 20/25% buffering then says there is a problem with internet connection. If you exit the app and re-enter, it won't open the Netflix app and says it is unavailable. The TiVo box has to be restarted (with the button on the back).
It's gone from annoying to downright infuriating! I'm getting an Amazon Fire stick / Chrome cast for Xmas so if this carries on I will be cancelling my virgin TV as half the reason I have it easy use of Netflix for the kids
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick of Netflix App Crashing!

Hi there Quailpower, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been getting this error when viewing Netflix through your TiVo®. We are aware that some customers may experience an issue with buffering at 25% and we are currently working on this with Netflix under the reference NKE7339. 

I'd like to ask a few further questions which will help us. 

When this issue happens, does the heart light on the TiVo® flash?

Could you please let me know when this issue started for you?

Are you recording anything when this happens?

Could you please sign out of Netflix and sign back in? (to do this go through the following steps on your TiVo® remote control. HOME > HELP AND SETTINGS > SYSTEM INFO > NETFLIX ACCOUNT INFORMATION > SIGN OUT OF NETFLIX ACCOUNT. Please let me know if this helps. )

I look forward to hearing the answers to the above questions. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Quailpower
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have had this problem since I started using the netflix app (2 months approx) and I have tried logging in and out, it doesnt seem to affect it.

No lights light up on the Tivo box that I am aware of when it happens. I will have to check that I am recording something when it happens, but I am pretty sure it is not. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on that Quailpower, 

If you could let me know that would be fantastic. 

We are working with Netflix regarding this issue, and a fix for this will be deployed in a future software update.

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos