Menu
21Rettie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Seven days with no TV

Anyone else in Edinburgh had no TV for seven days? Five missed repair deadlines and a cancelled engineer visit. Shambolic!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seven days with no TV

Hey 21Rettie

Sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service lately, we've not had any national issues that's knocked the TV service off for as long as you're experiencing so I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this for you.

I can see that you've arranged for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, which is excellent news. I'd love to hear how you get on!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
21Rettie
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seven days with no TV

The problem is fixed. I bought and replaced a loose coaxial plug myself and this removed the error message but not the absence of programme information. This information then reappeared overnight. Your engineer fitted a new wall box-to-Tivo cable and coaxial plugs.Everything is now working.

However none of this takes away from the seven days during which I was repeatedly told that the problem lay with fibre optic cable damage in Edinburgh, and given endless deadlines for fixing that alleged problem, deadlines that were pushed back again and again and again.

I had an engineer appointment a day earlier than the eventual visit but YOU cancelled that unilaterally because you had determined it was the alleged fibre optic cable fault to blame. I was repeatedly told that "So many people are calling us to complain that sending out an engineer to you would not help". Well I'm sorry but I think it would have helped considerably.

As I have your attention, can I ask you what is the correct sequence of HDMI/optical cables to connect (a) Tivo box (b) Sony home theatre/blu-ray (c) Sony TV (d) Apple TV box.

0 Kudos