Menu
FlowerPower
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Setting a reminder in TiVo

Hi, can anyone tell me how to set a reminder for a t.v. programme in TiVo?  I don't want to record it, just want a reminder to pop up and tell me it's time to change channels to view the show.

Thanks

Christine

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting a reminder in TiVo

To set a reminder you have no choice but to record the programme. The V+HD boxes had a dedicated tuner for watching Live TV, & this tuner was always available to switch your viewing when you set a reminder. The TiVO can record on all three tuners, so the only way to make sure a tuner is available at the time a reminder is set is by setting a recording.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

FlowerPower
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks, I couldn't find a way but thought it was just me.. I've just switched from the old V+HD box and used to use the reminder option quite a lot.  Think Virgin doing away with this is an oversight.

nodrogd wrote:

To set a reminder you have no choice but to record the programme. The V+HD boxes had a dedicated tuner for watching Live TV, & this tuner was always available to switch your viewing when you set a reminder. The TiVO can record on all three tuners, so the only way to make sure a tuner is available at the time a reminder is set is by setting a recording.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is not really an oversite as you can't use the tuner for another channel if you are watching the programme anyway.

And if you happen to be out of the room when the programme remind pops up - it records anything you may have missed.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)