Menu
stevescientist
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service outages in the E4 area

I have had a happy association with Virginmedia for many years, now, with no service problems, but in the last month we have had at least five long (3-5hr+) TV and broadband outages in the E4 area.

Can anyone tell me what this recurring problem is? I can't seem to get anywhere with the call centre. Seriously fed up here, as I work from home, and I'm turning from a Virginmedia evangelist to thinking about moving my service to (God forbid) Sky!
0 Kudos
zeoaesir
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service outages in the E4 area

Got the same problem here in E4. Regular lengthy issues over the last few weeks. It's not a decent service and when you pay near £100/month it makes you consider things. They need to fix the issue properly, rather than put a plaster on it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevescience,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment. I'm sorry that the TV and broadband hasn't been working as they should be.

I have checked the area your in and have not found any outages linked that are live right now, can you tell me if this is still ongoing?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
stevescientist
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Ben. No, we're not having any service outage at present, and not one for a week-or-so. I am more concered about a potential on-going problem here, with long b-band & TV outages on a pretty much weekly basis an dwanted to see whether these recurrent problems were being logged and flagged.  The whole situation seemed abnormal, as the service is usually great, but to have these five long tv/broadband (and phone, too a couple of times) service interruptions in such a relatively short space of time seemed to me to be more than a coincidence, and an indication that the symptoms of the problem were being addressed week-by-week, without addressing the underlying cause.

Is there any info on these problems - were they related to each other? If so, has the causal probelm been fixed?

Cheers

0 Kudos