Menu
kbvalder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service complain

One of the three TIVO's boxes in our building was 'knocked out' during a storm on Wednesday evening. The other 2 boxes were recently installed so newer than this one. Fair enough but a call through said an engineer could call on Thursday 30th, over a week, not good at all.

The next day we had a text that the engineer was cancelled as it was a 'network error' that an engineer could fix elsewhere. Other households nearby were also affected.

Thursday night still no service, Friday, no service, rang again Friday evening, would send an engineer on Thursday 30th. Is that the only day they call in this area?

I am not happy, not happy at all. Have been a customer since Nynex, C&W, NTL & now Virgin, have TIVE, phone, BB & mobiles and my tariffs have risen to an awful amount yet the service has become worse. This is about the 5th time this year we have had to contact Virgin over problems after years of almost faultless service. Totally stressed, causing domestics at home, feel like dumping the whole lot.

It may well be a box problem, or it could be cables. it could be something that an engineer could fix in mins. it could be I need a new box (and annoying as will lose all those programmes) but it shouldn't take this long. Every time we have problems we are told there will be compensations, can't be sure rthat's happened.

And, to cap it all, I get the email telling me what great programmes I can watch this week. Glastonbury, The Euro's etc. Great, rub it in.

Sorry, but after many years and considering the amount I pay and the services I have, I reall don't feel that I am anymore to you than a cash cow, certainly not a valued customer.

Now off out to find somewhere to watch the football.

kbvalder
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service complain

Sorry, I thought this was the place to actual make a formal complaint, not just to have a rant. I couldn't find anywhere else where I could register this complaint so maybe somebody here could direct me to the right place.

Why do things take so long to fix? Is it because of a lack of staff or is it because there are too many technical problems? I think we, as paying customers, have a right to know.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a user forum. For TiVo users to help other TiVo users. 

The best way to complain I guess is to phone and say you want to leave (which lets face it you do!!) that usually gets someone's attention 

although to be absolutely fair if a lightning strike caused damage it would be a fairly long fix I would guess. 

0 Kudos
kbvalder
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, nice to know someone is out there! Phone calls were getting me wound up, especially the time it takes to actually talk to somebody and I have every sympathy with the poor people that have to take calls, they do a fine job. Hence I thought it better to email in and how I ended up here.
The probable cause (the storm) is just sheer bad luck but I would hope that, like all my previous years, a fix of sorts would take between 12-48 hours.. An engineer would probably identify the fault straightaway. I suspect the fault may be with the box, so how long to replace it? Unplug one, plug in new, job done. I just don't feel that waiting over a week is acceptable.
0 Kudos