Menu
Neil1976
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series links issue

I think I've noticed a general TIVO issue (although I have a V6 btw).
It doesn't seem possible to set more than one series link for programmes with exactly the same name. A second one sets ok but the first one gets deleted. For example, I had series links set up for the 6 nations last weekend for the live coverage on BBC and ITV respectively. My ITV one didn't record- annoying but I thought I must have stupidly forgotten to set it up (which would have been unlike me tbh). Now I notice that when I set the ITV one up, the BBC one disappears. Same situation for the champions league next week on BT Sport 1&2. Only one can be set.
I thought that perhaps my links are all-channel encompassing but they're not. They are channel specific and the EPG shows that I will miss programmes that I want (unless I pro actively set them up manually).
Anyone know why this is happening? V annoying, thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series links issue

You can set up the series link for one channel or all channels, you can't set up two links for the same program  on two channels

0 Kudos
Neil1976
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that appears to be the case now but it didn't used to be. The Tivo/V6 should really be smart enough that, when a user tries to set up a series link for a second channel (for an identically named programme), it defaults the link to cover 'all channels' rather than just deletes the previous series link (inevitably leading to missed recordings if one doesn't know to manually adjust the new link to 'all channels')
0 Kudos
oldfield04
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is an issue for me. So, big sports fan. If I record LIVE Superleague rugby on Thursday via series link it wont record Friday or Saturday. Change it to record on Friday via series link, it wont record Thursday !! Aaaargghh. This wasn't an issue for me with the TIVO box so quite simply it shouldn't be an issue with the V6 boxes.

End result, I have to skim through the week and record each program I want to record individually. So currently the series link is a useless thing for me.

0 Kudos