Menu
DaftDave
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Series link+

Just noticed that Tivo is placing links to catch up or on demand into My Shows instead of actually recording the show. Thats fine if I want to watch right away, but what happens when the availability of the show ends? Most catch up is only available for 7 days. Does Tivo then record it or have I lost the chance to watch it?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link+

TiVo will always record a show based on your choices. How it then deals with the streaming sources depends on your choice. There are three options for a Series Link+:

1. Recording only - your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box will only record a show and if no recordings exist then it won't be shown in 'My Shows'
2) Recording and Streaming - your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box will record episodes of a show based on the options you've set in the Series Link e.g. New or New and Reruns. If you delete all the recordings or for any episodes for the show not currently recorded your box will show the streaming sources available for the show episodes in the 'My Shows' folder for the show.
3) Streaming only - your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box will only show links to streaming content in 'My Shows', and TiVo won't recording anything for the Series.

For 1 and 2, if an episode was available to record based on your choices then it wouldn't be replaced by streaming episode. Only if there was a problem recording the episode and there is no other showing to record instead could you end up only with a streaming link.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos