Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series link plus options

I want to record
Judge Judy, New only, on Lifestyle
Judge Judy, New only, on ITV3
And Judge Judy All episodes on Crime & Investigation
I do not want any of the episodes on any of the CBS channels

I used to be able to do this before series link plus came along by having three separate series links on each of the channels. Am I missing something or have Virgin taken the ability to do this away from me.

Please no comments about my choice of programme!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link plus options

Yep they've e taken away your ability to do it. You could I guess set up manual recordings but what a faff. 

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Chortleman wrote:

I want to record
Judge Judy, New only, on Lifestyle
Judge Judy, New only, on ITV3
And Judge Judy All episodes on Crime & Investigation
I do not want any of the episodes on any of the CBS channels

I used to be able to do this before series link plus came along by having three separate series links on each of the channels. Am I missing something or have Virgin taken the ability to do this away from me.

Please no comments about my choice of programme!

Totally correct, this ability has been taken away from us. We can no longer choose which channels to record from.

This was the last straw for Virgin Media Tivo, for me as it affects so many of the kinds of programs I want to watch. The only suggestion from VM, in one of the many threads about this, is to set "manual recordings" which is about as useful so suggesting we go back to VCR recorders.

I hope for your sake you get somewhere with as this, even though it is too late for me. It affects V6 too so I have no interest in getting one of those. Usually these threads get derailed with people saying its' not Virgin Medias problem - it would work fine if the guide data is better than it is, or people say it is not a problem because it does not affect them and works fine with the likes of Eastenders, Coronation Street etc.

There is no reason why this should have been done if "All Channels" was implemented properly but I have seen enough of how these "updates" are managed to know it will probably never get fixed and these threads will continue to get logged on a regular basis, without making any progress.

Good luck finding a solution!!

0 Kudos
Chortleman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. At least I feel better knowing it's Virgin that's being stupid and not me.

Anyone from Virgin reading this; please can we have the facility back where you can choose what channels you want to record a programme from. That is after all a basic function of a PVR, and not really too much to ask.