Menu
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Series link on BBC1 HD. Creates clashes with all BBC1 regional channels

Really struggling with one aspect of series link!! Couple of times when I've set a series link for a programme on BBC1 HD (108) it's showing clashes in My Planned Recitdings for the same programme on all the regional BBC channels too!!! Line of Duty and DIY SOS: The Big Build are two that spring to mind! My series link was created through the the programme guide for the first showing on the HD channel, like all my others. Eastenders and Panorama don't do it!! Any ideas anyone, Virgin don't know and have directed me here!! 🤣

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series link on BBC1 HD. Creates clashes with all BBC1 regional channels

It sounds like you currently have it set to an 'All Channels' Series Link, which means TiVo will look for the show across any channel that it can see - which includes the regional channels.

Which version it records will currently be set via the 'Record in HD' setting. If it's currently set to 'If possible' it will record the HD showing over any of the SD ones. These SD showings will show up as recording hiccups as they're already being recorded via the HD showing.

To get rid of the issue completely you can change the series link to a single channel Series Link to record from BBC One HD.

If you set the other BBC One Series Links up before the update to TiVo last summer which introduced the 'All Channels' option, then these will have stayed set to only record from the channel they were originally set up on - so you won't see clashes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds like you currently have it set to an 'All Channels' Series Link, which means TiVo will look for the show across any channel that it can see - which includes the regional channels.

Which version it records will currently be set via the 'Record in HD' setting. If it's currently set to 'If possible' it will record the HD showing over any of the SD ones. These SD showings will show up as recording hiccups as they're already being recorded via the HD showing.

To get rid of the issue completely you can change the series link to a single channel Series Link to record from BBC One HD.

If you set the other BBC One Series Links up before the update to TiVo last summer which introduced the 'All Channels' option, then these will have stayed set to only record from the channel they were originally set up on - so you won't see clashes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very strange. My series link for Line of Duty exhibits no such problem. See my settings for this below.

I can only suggest you delete the series link and re-enter it.

image.png

0 Kudos
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but this isn't the answer. My series link for line of duty is set to 108 HD, it was set by pressing the record button on the remote after finding the first showing of the programme in the TVGuide. I then went into series links and changed it to recordings only. It automatically sets it to 108 HD this way. I set all my series links this way to make sure they are on the channels I want! I've deleted the series link I don't know how many times and it does it every time I recreate it!! Aaaaarrrrrgggghhh! 😀
0 Kudos
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've lost count how many times I've deleted this link!! Every time I do it again, it creates the clashes again!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
0 Kudos