Menu
ljc675
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Series link never sets, just get wait symbol

Hi Everyone

I've had a search but can only find issues about certain series not recording. On my Tivo box if I try to do a series link all that happens is that I get the rotating wait symbol and then nothing happens and the series link doesn't set.

It can also happen if I just try to record a single show.

If I try a few times in a row the box just seems to lock up with the wait symbol endlessly showing and I can't then get out of it.

I have been able to set series links sporadically in the past but I would say 80% of the time it doesn't work.

When I look at my recordings I only have 5% full.

Any help would be brilliant  as it's really frustrating sometimes spending 15-20 mins trying to get something to record with no luck.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link never sets, just get wait symbol

First thing. Do a reboot (off the on) after a quick check that all your cables are in ok. 

Try another series link. Hopefully it'll work. 

0 Kudos
ljc675
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Tried the reboot and all cables are fine, series link and even now just trying a basic record of an individual show just results in the spinning stmbol.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought but have you got your settings to record 'new only' ?

0 Kudos
ljc675
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Thanks for the reply.

No, I generally have the setting to new and repeats. On a few that I did get set up I then changed them to new only as I didn't want repeats, but now if I try to set up it doesn't even register that one has been set the round and round symbol just keeps going (sometimes I leave ot and it can go on for about 20 mins, then it just flicks back to the screen I was on with nothing being set, so for example if I go into the prog. again it still gives me the choice to 'get a series link' rather than the change series link that comes up if your link is set.

I've called Virgin and as this has been an ongoing issued (called them several times since September) the are sending out and engineer, so hopefully they will sort it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only a quick passing thought which wouldn't explain the single recording failing, but could it be with the series link, that you're setting a "later" recording and TiVo is finding (and setting) an earlier showing?

I've had this confuse me without realising, more than a few times.

0 Kudos