Menu
Louiselaura
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series link issues

Hi. New to Virgin and tivo and having issues with series link. We created series links for all the shows we were recording on Sky but when I check my planned recordings some of them aren't set to record. I've manually adjusted each link to record only new shows but they randomly dissappear even though I know there are new shows due
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issues

You would need to post some examples (dates & programmes) for further help

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louiselaura, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear that you are having an issue setting up series links on your TiVo® box. 

In order to help you with this, we will need some further information. 

What settings do you currently have for the shows that don't look like they are going to record? 

Do you have them set to record New only or New and repeats?

Depending on scheduling and what you already have set to record, if it records at the time, it may clash so TiVo® will automatically schedule for the next available recording. 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is tivo recording other showings of programs you're expecting to be recorded?

I think Tivo is unique in not being time-specific with its series-links, so you set a program to record, and Tivo manages the potential clashes for you. It does take some getting used to, and I posted in another thread recently with an explanation, but could this be the reason?

Like another poster has commented, if you can provide some specific examples we can probably help shed some light. Also check your Recording Hiccups screen, and see what reason is given.

0 Kudos