Menu
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 11 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue

ozsat wrote:

Why are you going into a second channel to create a replacement SL?

I'm having no issues with SL+ across multiplie channels - you only set 1 SL and select ALL channels.

People keep saying it doesn't work  -  but without some programme/channel examples it is not going to be looked in to.

Is the example above regarding World Cup qualifiers across ITV and numerous Sky Sports channels not good enough?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 12 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Not without detailing the problem - I don't see a problem

Fletch33 wrote:

Is the example above regarding World Cup qualifiers across ITV and numerous Sky Sports channels not good enough?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 13 of 63
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

Not without detailing the problem - I don't see a problem

Fletch33 wrote:

Fletch33 wrote:

the merged series link+ doesn't offer any priority in regards to channels. For example with World Cup qualifiers, I would have previously had ITV first to make sure the priority game is England. But now TiVo doesn't know the difference and will randomly select which games to record from the various options on at the same time.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 14 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Do you want priority on channels or teams?

If you wish England teams to always be top then you should use a wishlist - as you could never be 100% sure which channel it will be on.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 15 of 63
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

Do you want priority on channels or teams?

If you wish England teams to always be top then you should use a wishlist - as you could never be 100% sure which channel it will be on.

England are always on ITV as they have the broadcasting rights for the World Cup qualifiers.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 16 of 63
Flag for a moderator

But if they move channel in the future and you don't realise then you are still in the same situation   -   is the Scotland v England match not on Sky Sports too?     would much rather watch non-ITV coverage.

Forgetting England as the example - you are trying to set something which is true for today, but the way I explain will be true forever.

So if you actually want 'Sweden' matches with a priority  -  you Create you SL+ for the World Cup football  -  but have a higher priority wishlist set for  "World Cup" "Football" "Sweden"

This will mean your selected team will always be top - whether it is on ITV, Sky Sports, Premier Sports, Eurosport or, as in this example, ITV4.

It is the same logic for your favourite club team - you never know what channel the match is on until the schedule is released.

A wishlist will not only follow the correct channel - but can be set up without the programme even being in the guide.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 17 of 63
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

But if they move channel in the future and you don't realise then you are still in the same situation.

Forgetting England as the example - you are trying to set something which is true for today, but the way I explain will be true forever.

So if you actually want 'Sweden' matches with a priority  -  you Create you SL+ for the World Cup football  -  but have a higher priority wishlist set for  "World Cup" "Football" "Sweden"

This will mean your selected team will always be top - whether it is on ITV, Sky Sports, Premier Sports, Eurosport or, as in this example, ITV4.

Because this TiVo box and programme update will work "forever" will it? Why on earth does something have to be so complicated to make it "future proof" when the previous software worked perfectly fine? I don't want to have to start making wishlists to get my box to work as it once did.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 18 of 63
Flag for a moderator

But it didn't work well when a programme changed channel

You only want 'England' - many TiVo viewers only want 'Scotland', 'Wales' or 'Northern Ireland'

The wishlist would continue to work into the World Cup Finals too - if England get there.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 19 of 63
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

But it didn't work well when a programme changed channel

You only want 'England' - many TiVo viewers only want 'Scotland', 'Wales' or 'Northern Ireland'

It worked perfectly fine, I just had multiple series links in priority order. That worked for me and most likely the TiVo viewers who want to watch England, now it doesn't.

As for TiVo viewers who want Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, what's the difference between the old software a new? It didn't work before as they would have had to have a wishlist set up to have a chance of working and with the new software they would still require a wishlist. So where is the improvement?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 20 of 63
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

That is not how you use SL+ - should be:

Create series link for program on a normal channel - and in the SL set channels to ALL

000000 wrote:

G4DDS wrote:

Can you give an example of a series link that does not convert to an all channels series link+ when adding two individual links for the same programme on different channels so this can be investigated?

Any program! Go epg. Create series link for program on a normal channel. Go to channel+1. Create series link for same program. Series link for first channel deleted. +1 Only. Pick program not on too often, otherwise take forever and crashes!!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? I was asked to give an example where creating a second series link does not turn the first into All Channels. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE. Tivo should at least give a warning. People will assume it works like it used to and have a 2nd series link for the 2nd channel. Now it just deletes the first and stops recording existing series with no warning.

Also it was explained many times with example given why people do not want ALL Channels. I know you are/were involved in the quality of the guide data but whether people want 2 series link for same program because of data issues or just personal choice they should be able to do so. Just because an option was added for ALL Channels does not mean you have to take away having two links when people want it. If it was programmed properly a warning would be given to the user but not turning it into ALL Channels (which many people don't want) is very sloppy indeed.

0 Kudos