Menu
cutchie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Series Links

Hi. I'm new to the Virgin Tivo Box. Find the box very slow at responding but my problem is when I tried to set up a series link for a programme at 9.00pm on Wednesday. It said it would clash. So I cancelled this series link and set up a series link for the same programme which is on on a Sunday night at 10.00pm but it wont recognize this second series link. keeps reverting back to the Wednesday series link and tells me it wont record cos it clashes. Anyone know what I am doing wrong ? thank you 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cutchie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Links

cheers Steve never thought of the channel - thanks

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just ignore the clash message and the Tivo will reschedule the recording

cutchie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you will give this a try
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As dannylau has mentioned... this was the single biggest hurdle I couldn't get my head round when I first moved from V+ to Tivo a few years back.

On previous boxes (and maybe even Sky?), series-links are timeslot-specific. Tivo is program-specific, you tell it the program and it will automatically reschedule the recording for the first available timeslot when a tuner is available.

The trick then, is to use the "My series links" to make sure that series with multiple showings of each episode are put down the list of priorities. Tivo will schedule recordings from the 1st series link down to the bottom - so for example, a program with only one showing a week on BBC1 say - that should be nearer the top of the pecking order. Something with multiple repeat broadcasts should go further down the list.

In short - you want to make sure the series links are ordered depending on the availability of repeats. Tivo will do the rest.

cutchie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can also improve the chance of it finding a suitable slot by making sure the channel is set to any

0 Kudos
cutchie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

cheers Steve never thought of the channel - thanks

0 Kudos