Menu
oz11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+

My series link doesn't appear to be working correctly.

I have set up links for the new Simpsons (season 28 starting 8/1/17) and NCIS (season 14 starting 6/1/17) which are both coming soon but no upcoming episodes are being detected.

Other series links have worked in the past e.g. Blacklist, NCIS LA.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Link+

Are there any upcoming (reruns) being shown (use blue to show all recordings) that are not being recorded? There is a bug where the planned recordings can only handle a certain number of upcoming episodes so for example if you have it set to new only but there are quite a few reruns before the new episode it will not appear in the planned recordings until you get closer to the air date (i.e. when there are less reruns to be shown).

There is a similar issue with Big Brother set as an all channel series link with HD if possible in that you only get something like a weeks worth of episodes showing in planned recordings whereas changing it to HD only or just for channel 5 HD and the next two weeks worth populate. I observed this last year and reported it and it was acknowledged as a bug.

This same bug happened last week with Mrs Brown and The Big Bang Theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos

All Replies
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Suggest deleting and re-requesting the series link if you haven't already tried that, I just added Simpsons (thanks for the reminder Smiley Wink ) and it's gone through fine.
0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, done that, ta. As an aside although I can see the first episode of the new Simpsons in the program guide, it does not appear in the upcoming episodes in explore shows.

0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Go in settings and reconnect to the virgin media service and reboot? Just to give the EPG a bit of a kick up the ass?
0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, just tried that, nothing has changed yet.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

have you got the series link set to HD only and don't have those channels in HD?

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are there any upcoming (reruns) being shown (use blue to show all recordings) that are not being recorded? There is a bug where the planned recordings can only handle a certain number of upcoming episodes so for example if you have it set to new only but there are quite a few reruns before the new episode it will not appear in the planned recordings until you get closer to the air date (i.e. when there are less reruns to be shown).

There is a similar issue with Big Brother set as an all channel series link with HD if possible in that you only get something like a weeks worth of episodes showing in planned recordings whereas changing it to HD only or just for channel 5 HD and the next two weeks worth populate. I observed this last year and reported it and it was acknowledged as a bug.

This same bug happened last week with Mrs Brown and The Big Bang Theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Excellent. Thank you very much, have narrowed it down by channel and I now have a some planned recordings. Although they still don't show up in "Explore Show".

0 Kudos