Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Series Link oddity

Ordinarily, if you have folders turned on, when you delete the last recorded programme in a folder, the folder is removed too.

But last week, when I watched and deleted the first episode of "David Walliams and Friends" on BBC1HD, the folder remained, even though it was empty. And exactly the same thing happened this week with the same programme.

Is this a new bug that was introduced with the last update? And if so, why with just this one programme?

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link oddity

I've noticed this. It's if your series link is recording and streaming (which I think is the new default), rather than just recording.
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, so it isn't just the programme I mentioned - it was the only one I'd seen this happen on, so wasn't sure. Personally I'd prefer it to do what it did before - delete a folder until it currently has content.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

set the series link to recorded only and it will do just that

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

Or, to resolve it permanently, go in to Home/Settings/Recordings/Series Link+ and Recording Options and set the global default to "Recordings only".

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

Or, to resolve it permanently, go in to Home/Settings/Recordings/Series Link+ and Recording Options and set the global default to "Recordings only".

That will work for new series links but it isn't retrospective and old series links would have to be done individually 

0 Kudos