Menu
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Series Link failures and the new Vevo App

Last night (Friday 15 January) I had three Series Links scheduled to record programmes. The first Series Link recorded OK from 18:30 to 19:00. The other two Series Links (both scheduled to record from 21:00 to 22:00) failed to record their programmes. These two Series Links are still present on TiVo, and my Planned Recordings shows future episodes scheduled to be recorded. The only unusual event last night was that (just before 21:00) I was trying out the new Vevo App on TiVo and setting up its activation with the Vevo App on my iPad. This seemed to go OK. I wondered if anybody else noticed Series Link failures at around 21:00 last night, or when using or activating the new Vevo App?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link failures and the new Vevo App

What does Recording Hiccups say is the reason for these failed recordings?

The easiest way to reach Recording Hiccups is by pressing Home followed by 6.

0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recording Hiccups said that both recordings had failed for the same reason:

"Not Available - No Longer in Guide".

FYI the two programmes were: "Shetland" on BBC1 HD (108) and "Spin" on More4 HD (203).

0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So what do these error messages "Not Available - No longer in the Guide" tell us?

Could it be that my TiVo momentarily lost synchronisation with the system clock? Perhaps because it was "distracted" by the new Vevo App??

Please could we have some input on this from a VM TiVo expert?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The no longer in guide bug occurs when the box makes a call back just before a program is about to start,it's only ever happened to me once