Menu
DaddyDee
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+ extra problem

Yet another incredible '**bleep** up' by whoever devised the new + version of Series Link is it would seem impossible to record episodes of say The Bill which is shown on Channel 128 'Drama', and Channel 109 'W' even though they do not overlap timewise. But if you set a link for both channels only one will operate and over ride the other. No one at Virgin seems to know the answer or for that matter care. I will soon be changing provider......... 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link+ extra problem

DaddyDee wrote:

Yet another incredible '**bleep** up' by whoever devised the new + version of Series Link is it would seem impossible to record episodes of say The Bill which is shown on Channel 128 'Drama', and Channel 109 'W' even though they do not overlap timewise. But if you set a link for both channels only one will operate and over ride the other. No one at Virgin seems to know the answer or for that matter care. I will soon be changing provider......... 

Agreed, as many other thread. You have to set one series link to record "ALL CHANNELS" now. This causes MANY problems recording all other channels you do not want and at mercy of poor guide data recording all sort of  duplicates. They should allow 2 or more links for same program, having option for ALL does not mean this cannot be done. Trouble is Virgin not listening to customers?????

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a single SL+ set for ALL channels and it is recording one copy of each episode on both the W and Drama series fine  -  you must have the settings wrong

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
DaddyDee
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanx Ozsat, however having set my SL+ to Recordings only, from a set Series, to record New & Reruns, on All Channels, I get a folder showing 1 episode from Series 9, what appears to be a link for a Series 10 Episode (which allows a choice of Related Videos, etc etc,) followed by umpteen episodes of Series 14.

This crappy "Addition" to the Virgin Tivo service just doesn't seem to work for all people, added to which there is little or no assistance from Virgin themselves which indicates even they do not know how to manage it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this when you're in the folder in My Shows? If so what does the text next to the Blue option button say? There are currently three different views.

'My Recordings' shows only those episodes which are on the TiVo box itself
'My Episodes' includes available episodes from On Demand
'All Episodes' shows all episodes in a show, including those not currently recorded or available from On Demand.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DaddyDee
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Ben, I do not get any of the choices you mention, and the Blue button does nothing either.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I meant you need to be within the show folder itself, rather than just in My Shows.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos