Menu
dianner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Series Link doesn't always work

Sometimes Series Link doesn't do anything, although pressing R will set that individual episode to record. I've assumed it's the channel, but today I noticed that on a channel I have a series link set for one programme, but it won't set for another programme. Pressing R does set the programme to record, but choosing series link does nothing.

This box is several years old, and has other problems, but this is the most irritating! I've done all the reboot stuff.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link doesn't always work

dianner wrote:

Sometimes Series Link doesn't do anything, although pressing R will set that individual episode to record. I've assumed it's the channel, but today I noticed that on a channel I have a series link set for one programme, but it won't set for another programme. Pressing R does set the programme to record, but choosing series link does nothing.

This box is several years old, and has other problems, but this is the most irritating! I've done all the reboot stuff.

I have seen this happening when I have the link set to new recordings only rather than new and repeats as I did not realise that the show had been transmitted previously.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
dianner
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Odd thing is that if I go into settings for the show, it offers the option to edit or cancel the series link, even though there isn't a link. Choosing that option shows a choice of recordings only or streaming and recordings. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

dianner wrote:

Odd thing is that if I go into settings for the show, it offers the option to edit or cancel the series link, even though there isn't a link. Choosing that option shows a choice of recordings only or streaming and recordings. 

Is this for a new series just starting? I have sometimes set up a new series link, knowing that it was a series and having been given the option, but the planned recording is for only one show. I suspect that this is because there is not sufficient info for the series at that point but, in my experience, it sorts itself out automatically once there is more info in the EPG.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
dianner
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, I'm sure this has been shown previously on other cable channels. It's a minor problem really - but just irritating, especially as another quirk it has developed is recording programs I haven't set. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

dianner wrote:

No, I'm sure this has been shown previously on other cable channels. It's a minor problem really - but just irritating, especially as another quirk it has developed is recording programs I haven't set. Smiley LOL

I'm nt sure I understand your first sentence. Is this a series link that you set up previously and, if the channel has changed, do you have the channel set to the new channel or All?

As for your second point, the box might be recording Suggestions. 

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos