Menu
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+ - Will start to cause confusion

I have had the new update for just over a week, and I like the concept of pinning streaming shows to "my Shows". So Good job on that one. 

One thing I think is going to start to cause a problem as we begin to use it over the coming months is the expiring of streaming shows. At the moment its hard to determine what is streaming and what is recorded when added to the guide. There isnt even a category at the side for streaming series you have added. With recordings they are there until watched or space problems, and it has a expiring soon category, but how are streaming shows going to work??? 

If I bookmark a entire series, for example Kingdom - It shows like a normal show, but the entire series will more than likley expire at the same time. So if I am browsing and forget its a streaming bookmarked show, I might get half way through, then as the streaming has expired it just disapears? 

Would be good for virgin just to let us know the finer detail of how this is going to work in practice. 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link+ - Will start to cause confusion

run out of streaming candidates to check for sure but...

does a recording not have a wee play icon to the left of the title whereas streaming doesn't?

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I added The Late Late Show with James Corden which is Sky 1 on demand only, that looks like every other show. It might display something when selecting it, fact is when it starts to get populated over the coming months, am going to need to watch the streaming ones first. Assumption always has been when its in my shows, its there until deleted/cleared out by settings and space - which isnt the case for streaming shows
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

try a recordings and streaming SL+ from Series 1 of Killjoy (S1 on catch up - as of last week anyway, S2 broadcasting now) - I think that's where I spotted the difference in the group list.

I have only Partially Watched and Recordings in my (hidden) Left Column selected.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had to change the folks settings so it only does recordings when setting up a new series link because it was just confusing them too much however, they recently pressed blue inside a folder and managed to change it to all episodes view and that also confused matters somewhat with several old episodes suddenly appearing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos