Menu
markholio
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+ Specific Viewing

Hello,

I hope this isn't a duplicate as I did search for similar posts, so apologies if it is,

Is there any way to record specific viewings on series link +?

For example, I tried recording a series, which was repeated on a Saturday afternoon. This showing would of been ideal as it wouldn't conflict with any other programmes being recorded. When I selected to series link this Saturday viewing, it immediately told me that it would conflict with the original showing, which was at a peak time (21:00) a few days earlier. This would then lead to some episodes my partner or I had already set to record, potentially being clipped, which in experience, tends to cut a few minutes off the start/ end of shows (I'm aware of manually changing the options, but when recording the maximum of 3 programmes, following after or preceding another recording, it defaults to 1 hour of recording, which means relying on Virgins time; which is sometimes off).

It seems to have taken any potential chance for arranging my recordings, off of me, or am I just being a dope and missing something obvious?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Link+ Specific Viewing

This may explain things a little more clearly:

Why can't the BBC keep to their schedules...

Why do I have to record reminders?

Oh, and make sure your Overlap Protection is set to Cancel, rather than Clip.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo will schedule the earliest possible recording that does not clash with other recordings, you can change the priority of which programs will be recorded in the series link manager (general rule of thumb is to make things that aren't repeated the highest priority), so basically it will take care of this for you.

In the case of programs that overlap slightly, there is option in the settings to either clip or cancel, clip will trim a few minutes off of the lowest priority recording, cancel will cancel it and reschedule for the earliest recordable repeat.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This may explain things a little more clearly:

Why can't the BBC keep to their schedules...

Why do I have to record reminders?

Oh, and make sure your Overlap Protection is set to Cancel, rather than Clip.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos