Menu
aliceev123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Series Link Issues

I don't know why this issue is proving so difficult as it seems something that should be straight forward. So for example, I request to record a programme: episode 1 at 2200 on Friday and select series link, but when i check my scheduled recordings the next episode has defaulted to record on Wednesday at 2100 as that is when episode 2 is first broadcast. But I specifically chose Friday as too many programmes are on at 2100 on wednesday and they clash. Why does the series link not just link to the episode I originally recorded and continue with that day and time? When using Sky I would click series link and it would link that series, on the scheduled day and time with no hiccups, so why is this not possible to do on virgin media? Im out a lot so if every week my programme defaults to a different day and time that I specifically chose to avoid, it will then clash and I will miss episodes. 

Any help with this would be appreciated as I have faffed around with this for so long tonight with the remote and can't find a solution. I had no idea when I took this contract out recording wouldn't be straight forward

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Link Issues

The Tivo will always attempt to record the 1st showing of a program, if there is a clash the lowest priority show will automatically be rescheduled by the tivo, it may take an hour or two for it to show up.

If you wish to leave a tuner free so you can watch something else simply decline for it to change channels when the message comes up and it will reschedule the show.

Just let the tivo get on with it the only thing you really need to do is make programs that are only shown once a higher priority and it will do the rest for you, it will even reschedule recording if there was a power cut.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Tivo will always attempt to record the 1st showing of a program, if there is a clash the lowest priority show will automatically be rescheduled by the tivo, it may take an hour or two for it to show up.

If you wish to leave a tuner free so you can watch something else simply decline for it to change channels when the message comes up and it will reschedule the show.

Just let the tivo get on with it the only thing you really need to do is make programs that are only shown once a higher priority and it will do the rest for you, it will even reschedule recording if there was a power cut.

aliceev123
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your answer. If someone else is trying to watch live TV and cannot as there are recordings and a message pops up so they cancel one recording to watch something, will it also automatically reschedule to the next time?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

aliceev123 wrote:
Thanks for your answer. If someone else is trying to watch live TV and cannot as there are recordings and a message pops up so they cancel one recording to watch something, will it also automatically reschedule to the next time?

it will reschedule the lowest priority recording to the next available recording slot

0 Kudos
Colin_G
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also thought you could tell Series Link which showing to record.  The problem I have is that instead of notifying me of an overlap, it changes a previously set series link to record 4 minutes later.  If I hadn't gone to My Planned Recordings, I wouldn't have known it had done this.

How can I make it change to a later showing to protect the overlapped programme?

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There's an option in settings called (I think) clash protection, which has the option of Cancel or Clip, you'll need to set it to cancel to get the behaviour you want.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin_G,

Thanks for your post about Series Link+ recordings--sorry to hear that your recordings were set to clash. It's great to see that Tavis75 has been able to give you some advice about this.

You can set Overlap Protection on your TiVo, which will help prevent overlap clashes with your recordings. Just check out the link above to view more information about this on our online Help Pages.

Please let us know if you have any further problems with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Colin_G
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri_P,

Overlap protection needs to be clearer - I had it turned ON, and had a problem losing the first few minutes of the next programme.  I am now trying it turned OFF, so that it should automatically reschedule the lower priority series link.  So far so good....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Colin_G. Apologies that the activated Overlap Protection was causing the problem.

If you set your programme recording settings to record all - new and repeats, the Series Link+ option will record the same programme broadcast at a later time. This option, personally, drives me crazy, because my TiVo gets filled up with a gazillion recordings of SpongeBob SquarePants, so I've banned the use of the repeat recording setting!

Let me know if you have any further problems with this.

Take care,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos