Menu
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series Link + Annoying

I have had a Series Link for Eastenders since Day 1 of having a box. It is in fact Series Link 1 on my list of nearly 200 Series Links. Don't hold that against me but it has done the job apart from the odd EPG error perfectly.

Today I set up a series link for the new Wolf Creek due to start on Fox next week. It alerts me that it will not record as it clashes with Eastenders showing at 10pm. So I cancel out and think are they showing some adult late night one off or something? No what it is it has now decided I want to have all the showings of Eastenders that are also on W.

Now I am at work so can't see the options I have against the Series Link but it is just silly that a series link that has been working perfectly well for all this time has now broken. I am guessing other series links may well need changing based on this was probably 1 of the most no nonsense links I had.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link + Annoying

As far as I can tell it is a result of the software update that brought with it Series Link +.  The default setting is for All channels and to include streaming.  I had to go through and amend each of my series links to the options that I want.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Existing single channel series links won't have been changed.

Where there was more than one series link for the same programme, then they were compacted to a 'recording only' all channel Series Link+. In some circumstances these will now pick up additional episodes on other channels (especially if the Series Links were set to 'new and reruns')
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, that makes sense and most probably applies to the one I found I had to change.