Menu
eljayps
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Separately Recording Follow on Programmes

I am having difficulty recording programmes that continue one after the other.

I recently tried to record for my grand daughter three programmes that continue on after each other but when I checked the middle programme had not been recorded. Could this be due to the "before and after times" set at one minute each. I would have thought that any overlap would be covered by the multiple tuners.

These were on cbeebies (with adverts) and were new programmes not reruns.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Separately Recording Follow on Programmes

You can also get this issue with the V+ boxes. Its not a new issue by any means. The way to get round it is to set a manual timed recording on the channel, so the box devotes one tuner to the entire block of programmes & its treated as one recording.

I am certain the TiVO has this facility.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Separately Recording Follow on Programmes

Not sure if the OP has TIvo or V+, but back-to-back recordings is certainly something my Tivo handles nicely, but the old V+ did not.

V+ saw each program entirely separately - so a back-to-back schedule would tie up both recording tuners for any overlap period.

Tivo is intelligent enough to only reserve one tuner for the overlap, and let its software stitch the resulting recordings together.

0 Kudos