Menu
blood
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Self install issue

I recently did a self install on a 1tb tivo and this involve us having to move the router to nearer where the cable comes into the house.This was no issue in itself and the TiVO is up and running fine. However since I have moved the router the signal strength doesn't seem as good even though the router is in a more exposed position. This means I have had to hard wire the TV to the router as it seemed to be losing the WiFi signal to the TV. Can one of the mods run a check on this for me please???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self install issue

Why did you move the router? There is absolutely no reason to connect your TiVo to your router for normal operation of TiVo. It has its own internet connection which is separate from your broadband connection.

Put your router back where it previously was sited and forget connecting your TiVo to it.

0 Kudos
blood
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo is not connected to router I had to move it because of the short cable that was on the splitter part that came with the I stall pack...Sorry if I was unclear on original message

Cheers

Stephen
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blood,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments. I am sorry that the self install hasn't gone ahead without a hitch.

I have been trying to access some of your details to check to see the services in the home but have been unable to. I'd like to ask if you can take a look at your 'Inbox', I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos