Menu
shane80
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Self install activation (Tivo + Broadband)

Hi,

I've recieved my self install pack this morning and having issues activating my TIVO and Broadband.

My TV says error code 7011 when configuring IP connections and my Broadband router just has the solid green WiFi light and the solid green arrows.

I've spoken to 3 people (all told me different things) and have not been very helpful.

1st call - Was advised they'd send new activation signal and to wait up to an hour but the same problem happened.

2nd call - Same as before, said they'd send new signals - when I said that's been done already they just said they'd need to send an engineer and then transferred me to the billing department (not sure why)

3rd call - I was advised they have an issue sending the activation signal and it's affecting all new customers. I was told to wait 4 hours and to call back to get a new signal sent.

Question for Virgin:

1. Are there actually any issues sending signals that's affecting new activations as I can't see anything on your status pages?
2. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I'm feeling like I'm just being given a load of excuses and they don't actually know what the problem is.
3. Has your 2nd caller booked an engineer? I really don't think this needs an engineer. Broadband and TV was working fine yesterday on my partner's old account in this very same address so problem clearly lies with something on your end being activated.

Another note: This could have all been avoided if you just put my half price 18 month discount on my partner's account instead of forcing me to sign up as a new customer. Absolute shambles and wastes not just my time but yours also with sending new equipment (which is the same as my partner's old equipment).
0 Kudos
BlackCelica
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self install activation (Tivo + Broadband)

I really feel for you, I`m having the same problem. I`ve been trying to set up a Tivo box since yesterday and no joy, gets to check 3 config ip connection then after about 10 mins it times out, rang twice and I was also told they are having problems activating new installations both time told they are working on it and give it another few hours.... well I just have and same timeout error 7011

0 Kudos
PelPete
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem here, Configuring IP Connections.
The account is my Dad's though so I can't call for help.
He's a sleep so will have to wait while tomorrow evening before I can do anything.

I have tried setting it up in place of the other TiVo box and have the same problem.

Can I plug the old V+ box back in?

0 Kudos
shane80
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried plugging the old Tivo box in but all services on the old account were disconnected over night and I was left with limited channels before I unplugged it.

I've now been told that the activation service should be restored by 10am tomorrow. I don't hold out much hope as it was first reported on Friday by others.

Worth giving a call tomorrow morning and ask them to send a new activation signal. Don't accept the "We'll send an engineer" because it clearly doesn't need one if the services were working before the new equipment arrived!
0 Kudos
PelPete
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick Update:

At one am everything rebooted, and started working.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shane80 Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome to the Community. I hope you've been bale to navigate around the place easily Smiley Happy

I can see that you've been waiting for an activation for the Sunday just passed, how was it after this? 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos