Menu
Rock2shark
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Self Setup, TIVO Error 7011, and 8 days wait for Engineer!

About midday today the TIVO box arrived.

With broadband already installed it seemed that I should be able to get set up to watch the last 10 days of Wimbledon on TIVO with HDTV much of the time to boot. However, a fault with the TIVO set up at the IP configuration stage resulted in Error 7011 occurring multiple times, and from other people's reports of Error 7011 it seems it may always necessitate a visit from the engineer. Okay, so we all know that nothing works perfectly every time, and occasionally the problem may occur on any occasion.

I have lost about 6 hours trying various approaches because the earliest that an engineer could be scheduled is a week tomorrow!!!!

In a circumstance like this one can reasonable hope that corrective attention will be within, say, 2 days? But 8 days?

Any ideas?
Any alternatives?

0 Kudos
freakystyled
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self Setup, TIVO Error 7011, and 8 days wait for Engineer!

I'm in exact the same boat, have to wait for a technician to come out 8 days from now. Only received the box today, my broadband is working fine, just this stupid 7011 error when trying to configure the IP'.. Trying to sort it myself but to no avail as of yet.. Looks like the problem may lie with cabling outside the house somewhere... Joyous...
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar scenario when I was swapping a new TiVo box for a failing box. The new box just showed a 7011 error when on the "Configuring IP Connections" setup. I got it sorted after a couple of hours (I knew who to e-mail - apologies but can't say) and the problem was that the new box had not been activated on the account. In my case they did not want to de-activate the failing box until I received the new box and had swapped it over as I would obviously lose services on my failing box. Once the account had been updated and they sent an activation hit to the box everything was OK.

I assumed the person you spoke to actually checked the box was correctly registered to the account and they sent it an activation hit?

Further thought: Are these new TiVo self installs (i.e. an additional TiVo or to replace an old style V box)? If so, do you not have to ring an automated activation line? I take it you did this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
freakystyled
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The representative whom I spoke too never even mentioned that the box needed to be activated on my account, so that's news to me. I'm beginning to wish I'd have not bothered, I had problems just ordering my upgrade which thankfully was sorted by a 7 minute phone call. All well and good.

Now this problem... A week? Really isn't sufficient enough to be honest. I've tried everything myself but I'm guessing it's something I won't be able to sort without help. Not entirely happy, but I suppose all I can do is wait... Albeit not patiently.
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have a look to see if there any forum staff currently online and send one of them a PM and point them to this thread. They maybe able to have a look at the account and check it is setup OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi freakystyled

Thanks for getting in touch about the self-set up of your TiVo® service with us, and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the set-up hasn't configured correctly for you. I have taken a look at the account for you and can see that this does definitely need an engineer to support this. The corrective signals we have tried to send to resolve the activation error are not processing as they should so an engineer is the next port of call. My apologies that the earliest appointment available for you was 8 days away too. I can see this is still the earliest possible appointment we can give to you.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you and pop back here anytime if you need any further support with this once the engineer has been. We're here to help Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi freakystyled,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the shaky start that we seem to be off to with the TiVo® error, it would be great if you could let me know how you get on after the engineer calls round to get this fixed for you.

We're here to help if you need us so please keep us posted.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
freakystyled
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Firstly thanks for the response.

I now no longer need an engineer as the problem seems to have resolved itself. Because I wake up at the crack of dawn to go to work I thought, why not give it another go? It worked first time and (touch wood) has been fine since. I did try to cancel the engineer appointment but going by the help page where it tells me how to do so and logging into my account, it never said that I had one booked. My other query however is since I've upgraded to Vivid 200, won't I need a new superhub? I'm still on the original one which I've read isn't capable of outputting those speeds. Plus the signal is quite poor even though I'm directly underneath it.

Thanks.

Ian
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi freakystyled,

Glad to hear everything is back up and running! I can get the engineer cancelled for you and I'm sorry it didn't come up on the website for you.

To sort out the Superhub issue I've sent you a private message (purple envelope in the top right of your screen).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Rock2shark
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thank you for your reply, and apology for not replying sooner!

I had to call a number in order to, I presume, have an activation hit down the line and I did this first.
I assume this is what you refer to when you write 'automated activation line'.
During my subsequent calls activation hits (?) were sent in ordre to try to trigger it but these did not work.

I have read your post quite a few times and now I am beginning to wonder if initially the box itself has to be assigned in some way to an account, user, or line?
This now draws my attention to something I did first, mentioned above, which was to call the activation number first. By first, I mean I did this as soon as I read the instruction - before I even took the TIVO unit out of its box! I may be grasping at a straw, for the thousandth time, but I wonder if I should have done this after connecyting everything so that the box would get an 'assignment' or something?

The problem could be a very small little detail like this. To poeple who suggested, because they had the problem themselves that turned out to be a line fault outside the house, I do not think it likely to be that because the installation is new and the broadband works perfectly. Now I wonder, can the pslitter be faulty, or the cable from the splitter to the TIVA unit? Is there a clue in that the unit registers the first 2 items wuickly and then abruptly gets stuck at the IP address stage? I have wondered about an IP address conflict, but with that question I am taking a stab in the dark, and worse! (Black magic to me.)

I can never help feeling that the answer may only be a flick away, not even a flick of a switch, so it is easy to become absorbed and obsessive in trying to resolve problem, but from first to last the unit has simply come to a dead stop at the IP address checking stage to be followed by what I presume to be a timeout after about 5 minutes on that check.

Thank you for all replies to date.

0 Kudos